How to Elope at Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas
Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas is one of my FAVORITE elopement destinations! It has so many gorgeous viewpoints and options, and is truly scenic year round! Read on to discover some tips for planning your Petit Jean elopement!
Eloping at Petit Jean State Park
Planning Your Petit Jean Elopement
- Visit the Petit Jean to make sure it fits the vibe of your elopement or intimate wedding, and drive around to discover some of the prettiest overlooks, such as Stout’s Point and Sunset Point, as well as the Mather Lodge Lookout.
- Decide what time of year you want to elope! Spring and Fall are easy favorites for their seasonal weather and gorgeous full foliage, but you can also find amazing views in the summer and a less crowded park in the winter!
- Notify Park personnel about your elopement plans to gather any important information about your elopement or intimate wedding. You may need to apply for a permit or reserve a specific area of the park, based on the location you’re most interested in!
Lodging + Permits + Vendors for Your Petit Jean Elopement
- Find a place to stay at Petit Jean- some locations include Petit Jean Cabins, the Mather Lodge or the Yurts! There are also several RV and primitive camp sites and there’s a new resort hotel launching later this year. You can also grab a traditional hotel room in nearby Morrilton, which is about 45 minutes north of Little Rock.
- Book your vendors! Petit Jean is approximately one hour from Conway and an hour and a half from Little Rock. You definitely want to find a photographer who can show you some of the secret overlooks and prettiest lookout points in the park related to time of day! Petit Jean also has a lake, caves and a waterfall!