Considering eloping at White Rock Mountain in Arkansas? It’s probably my favorite elopement destination in Arkansas! It’s stunningly beautiful, with jaw-dropping mountain views and golden sunset light, due to the cliffs facing west. It’s beautiful any time of year, and if you’re down for the rough road, a beautiful mountaintop scene awaits you at the top!
It’s also pretty secluded, which is something I really take into consideration when planning elopements for my couples! It’s nice to know you’ll have most of the views to yourself (like this elopement below!)
- Decide what time of year you want to elope! Spring and Fall are easy favorites for their seasonal weather and gorgeous full foliage. Additionally, you can also find amazing views in the summer and a less crowded park in the winter and early spring!
- First, you’ll want to notify White Rock Recreation Area personnel about your elopement plans. Planning ahead will help. You’ll want to gather any important information about your elopement or intimate wedding. To my knowledge, a permit is current required to elope at White Rock.
- Then, find a place to stay nearby if you don’t want to make the drive to Fayetteville or the two hour drive to Little Rock! There are cabins at White Rock or you can find Airbnbs or camping options nearby in the Ozark National Forest! Mulberry is the closest town with Airbnbs and other lodging.
Finding Vendors for Your White Rock Elopement
- Book your vendors! You’ll want to keep in mind that White Rock is approximately an hour and a half from Fayetteville. Also, it’s about three hours from Little Rock and an hour from Fort Smith. So you definitely want to find an elopement photographer who has experience shooting elopements at White Rock! Additionally, you want a photographer who can find other scenic locations nearby for photos!
- Enjoy your elopement and remember to practice Leave No Trace! Additionally, more information on LNT principles can be found here.
Additionally, If you’re looking for an adventure engagement or elopement photographer who is both FUN and familiar with the area, feel free to reach out to me for more information! I offer location consulting with all my elopement packages and can show you the BEST locations for elopements at White Rock!