I’m obsessed with eloping at Hawksbill Crag, also called Whittaker Point. Located in the heart of Buffalo River country, this stunning spot is just a short hike in and offers big views of the valley and foliage, especially in the fall. Are you dreaming of an Arkansas elopement location that feels rugged, natural and dramatic? Look no further than Hawksbill Crag– it’s the perfect adventure elopement location in Arkansas!
- Decide what time of year you want to elope! Spring and Fall are easy favorites for their seasonal weather and gorgeous full foliage. Additionally, you can also find amazing views in the summer and a less crowded park in the winter and early spring!
- To my knowledge, a permit is not required to elope at White Rock.
- You’ll want to find a place to stay nearby if you don’t want to make the one hour drive to Fayetteville or the three hour drive to Little Rock! There are cabins all along the Buffalo such as the Buffalo Outdoor Center or you can find Airbnbs or camping options nearby in the Ozark National Forest! Jasper, Ponca and Harrison are some of the closest town with Airbnbs and other lodging.
Finding Vendors for Your Hawksbill Crag Elopement
- Book your vendors! You’ll want to keep in mind that Hawksbill is approximately an hour and a half from Fayetteville. Also, it’s about three hours from Little Rock and an hour from Fort Smith. So you definitely want to find an elopement photographer who has experience shooting elopements at White Rock! Additionally, you want a photographer who can find other scenic locations nearby for photos!
- Enjoy your elopement and remember to practice Leave No Trace! Additionally, more information on LNT principles can be found here.
Additionally, If you’re looking for an adventure engagement or elopement photographer who is both FUN and familiar with the area, feel free to reach out to me for more information! I offer location consulting with all my elopement packages and can show you the BEST locations for elopements at White Rock!