Can I say something? I feel like Mt. Nebo is definitely slept on as an adventurous elopement spot in Arkansas.
It’s absolutely stunning and super close to town— just 15 minutes down the road from Russellville and Dardanelle, and right on the Arkansas River in Central Arkansas.
It’s a literal dream. It’s so beautiful and so close to town that I’m left scratching my head as to why more of my couples don’t request it for their adventure engagement or elopement!
So, with that said, here’s what I love most about Mt. Nebo and how to make it your engagement or elopement destination!
What I love most about Mt. Nebo is all the OPTIONS. You have beautiful sunrise views, beautiful sunset views, cabins, a campground, a pool and gorgeous forests. There’s even a tiny house that you can rent! Seriously, what’s not to love?
Considering an elopement at Mount Nebo State Park? First, you’ll want to visit the state park to make sure it fits the vibe of your elopement or intimate wedding, and drive around to discover some of the prettiest spots such as Sunrise Point, Sunset Point and the Rim Trail.
- Decide what time of year you want to elope! Spring and Fall are easy favorites for their seasonal weather and gorgeous full foliage, but you can also find amazing views in the summer and almost no one out at sunset during late winter and early spring!
- Notify State Park personnel about your elopement plans to gather any important information about your elopement or intimate wedding. A permit may be required for larger elopements or elopements where you are planning to use chairs or decorations. It’s easy to talk to a park ranger because there’s a visitor’s center just a few feet from Sunset Point (my favorite elopement spot!).
- Find a place to stay nearby if you don’t want to make the one and a half hour drive to Fayetteville or the one hour drive to Little Rock- There are tons of cabin and RV options and Airbnbs abound. Plus there are tons of hotels in Russellville and Dardanelle.
- Book your vendors! Mount Nebo is an hour and a half from Fayetteville and an hour from Little Rock. There are tons of vendors in Russellville, too. You definitely want to find an elopement photographer who has experience with Mount Nebo State Park and can show you some of the secret overlooks and prettiest lookout points in the park related to time of day!
- Enjoy your elopement and remember to practice Leave No Trace! More information on LNT principles can be found here. (I’ll be teaching a LNT for photographers course this summer for wedding and elopement photographers who want to better serve adventurous couples!)
If you’re looking for an adventure engagement or elopement photographer who is both FUN and familiar with the area, feel free to reach out to me for more information! I offer location consulting with all my elopement packages and can show you the BEST locations for elopements at Mount Nebo State Park!