A Downtown Elopement in Fayetteville, Arkansas
I loved this vintage urban elopement in Fayetteville, Arkansas! A very talented team of Northwest Arkansas Vendors came together to create this unique Arkansas Bride look! We dipped into a groovy 1950s and 1960s vibe to create this one of a kind vintage elopement look– including white gogo boots, a vintage wedding dress (including shoulder pads!) with a white tulle cape and vintage sunglasses! A gorgeous bedazzled vintage headband completed the look, while the groom wore a neutral colored suit.
Add a vintage 1960’s Cadillac and the vintage vibes are complete for this anti-bride look!
I LOVE elopements and I’m obsessed with offbeat, urban elopements just like this one! Check out my info page for more information on my elopement packages!
Vendors for this shoot included:
How to Add Vintage Vibes to Your Wedding
Here are some ideas!
1. Borrow something from grandma! Whether it’s her gorgeous silk scarf, her 1950s wedding dress or a colorful brooch, wearing something that has some history can make your look unique while also honoring the women who came before you and their legacy.
2. Try a short dress with a cape or other textural element— you still get all the dramatic flair but you can move around, dance and walk while being comfortable!
3. Go thrifting for your veil, shoes or accessories (such as a hair comb, gloves or sunglasses!) so you can find something that’s super unique and different! I personally love Cheap Thrills and Potter’s House for vintage and offbeat finds!
4. Be intentional with your venue and opt for something historical! Whether it’s a 150 year old Victorian home, an old car dealership from the 70s or a haunted bar, setting the background to something kitschy with history can set the tone for your vintage wedding.
5. Rent a vintage car to take photos with or drive away in!! This gorgeous Cadillac convertible from NWA Classic Car elevated this entire vintage elopement editorial!
Bottom line? Make it your own!! Your wedding or elopement should reflect your unique personality and who you are as a couple! And if you’re into vintage touches, get on with your bad self!!