Yay! You’ve found your photographer and now you just have to find the perfect outfit for your engagement session! But what to wear? If you’re looking for recommendations on where to find pretty, flowy outfits that photograph EXTREMELY well, here are some of my recommendations!
I typically recommend bringing a casual outfit and a dressier outfit to your session so you get two separate looks.
Don’t forget to check shipping time so that you know your outfit will arrive on time! 🙂
(Just a disclaimer, I was not paid and will not receive any discounts or compensation for these links, these are my PERSONAL recommendations to clients for places to find cute outfits)
Lulu’s! These dresses are super inexpensive but have great quality, and ship quickly. You can find SO many flattering styles and colors! Lulu’s is my most recommended place to find a really chic yet affordable outfit for your engagement photos.
Dresses and other outfits from $10 at https://www.lulus.com
2. Baltic Born! Another GREAT place to find affordable dresses. They also have super inclusive sizing on the dresses!
Dresses and other outfits from $35 at https://www.balticborn.com
3. Free People! You can find so many cute boho outfits here. While the prices are a little more expensive, they run deals quite frequently and the clothing is considered more ethically produced.
Dresses and other outfit from $55 at https://www.freepeople.com
4. Amazon! You can find tons of cute dresses and tops, here are some of my favorites!
Some good keywords include “Summer Romper”, “Wedding Guest Dress” and “Wrap Dress for engagement session”, but if dresses aren’t your thing, there’s also tons of cute tops, jumpsuits and more!
You can also find cheap accessories such as hats, jewelry and scarves.
4. Anthropologie has super cute rompers and ethnic patterns with a multicultural feel!
5. Modcloth has really cute, vintage finds!
6. Madewell. ‘Nuff Said
COLOR PALETTES: FALL ENGAGEMENT SESSION
Here are some color ideas for outfits for Fall and Winter of this year! Remember to start with neutral colors (think navy, black, tan and olive green) and build on those for a pop of color (for example, you wear black pants with a mustard yellow flowy top and your partner wears khaki pants with a black or olive green shirt.